Marvel Mangaverse is a Marvel Comics imprint that produces manga-style comics. The imprint was launched in 2000 and has since published a number of different series, including:
- Marvel Mangaverse (2000-2002)
- New Mangaverse: The Rings of Fate (2004)
- Marvel Mangaverse: War of Heroes (2005)
- Marvel Mangaverse: Infinity Onslaught (2006)
- Marvel Mangaverse: War of Heralds (2007)
In this universe, where the Marvel Mangaverse comics take place, the characters are reimagined versions of the popular characters who are known in the main Marvel Universe. Such comics tend to be more action-packed and less complicated as compared to traditional Marvel comics and often contain more fanservice.
Critics and fan reactions have been mixed with Marvel Mangaverse comics. On the one hand, some individuals like the peculiar manga-like drawing and the revamped characters of the comic, while other people consider the comics too naive and unsubstantial.
Key features of the Marvel Mangaverse
- The Marvel Mangaverse comics take place in a separate universe from the main Marvel Universe.
- Marvel reimagined the characters Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, and the X-Men in the comic.
- Typically, the comics are more action-oriented and have a shallower nature compared to common Marvel comics.
- Fanservice often predominates where the comics are more numerous and involve revealing costumes or exaggerated physical features.
- The comics have gotten positive and negative feedback from critics and fans respectively.
Most notable changes made to the characters in the Marvel Mangaverse
Spider-Man: High school student, shy and introvert, Spider-Man is bitten by a radioactive spider. He acquires Spider-Man’s powers but now he becomes a target for the Hand, a clan of ninjas who want to exploit his powers for evil.
Iron Man: Tony Stark is a genius inventor and engineer who develops an incredible suit of armour after surviving a terrorist attack. He becomes Iron Man – a superhero using his armor to fight evil.
The Hulk: In this case, Bruce Banner is an accidentally exposed scientist by gamma radiation, turning him into Hulk, a superhuman creature with huge strength and durability. Banner, however, is in constant danger of losing his sanity and putting the world at risk, as the Hulk continues to lurk.
The X-Men: These people are called mutants, who have superhuman abilities. The X-Men is led by Professor Charles Xavier, who uses his Telepathic powers to help them control their abilities and fight for the rights of all mutants.
Marvel Manga Universe is a truly special and interesting take on the Marvel Universe. Fans of manga, anime, and superheroes will be drawn to this comic.